In the morning a repairman was called.....he was still at his home having breakfast in his pj's but said he would be there in 90 minutes. True to his word he arrived and was able to fix the problem and we were on our way to Reno by 11AM. I shudder to think what would have happened had the electrical problem occurred on a mountain road with us hurtling down the pass.
The Harley trailer left a trail of wing nuts in Oregon or maybe it was Washington. We will be looking for replacements. Bill is carrying a wing nut survivor in his pocket while searching for an acceptable hardware store.
Monday our arrival in Reno included a driving thunderstorm.
Today, Tuesday, we awoke to a nice mountain view but cool cool temps. We decided to travel to Virginia City. Had a great ride there putting the Harley through its paces up "switchback" road. It was darn cold up there. Then the rains started AGAIN with thunder, lightning and hail. One fellow we spoke to said that he has lived in the Reno area for 17 years and this is the worst spell of rain he has experienced. It rained so hard that the water coming from the gutters onto the parked cars caused their alarms to go off.
We managed to make it down the mountain and back to the motor home between storms. I never thought that in Nevada in June our heaters would be used more than the air conditioners.
The forecast for the rest of the week looks like more and more of the same weather. We are considering leaving this area and heading further south to Las Vegas. Maybe, there we can find some sun.
Glad to see you got this up and running. I'm so happy I can pretend I'm along for the ride. I'm so happy you got to spend the night at my favorite store walmart but a funny thing about the weather. Have you heard we are breaking records for June.... Take Care and keep posting
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you got the blog up and running. Now I can pretend I'm traveling along. So happy you spend the night at my favorite store Walmart. Oh and about the weather have you heard we are having record highs for June... Take Care and keep posting.
ReplyDelete